Tired of working hard to cook a chicken in the oven or on the grill only to have it come out all splayed like it had a seizure in the oven? Tired of the wings and legs being overcooked and dried out while the breast is still under cooked? Tucking a chicken brings the legs in close to maintain the moisture and make it table ready.
Here’s how to do it!
- Start with a washed and patted dry chicken.
- Push legs down & forward to expand pelvis.
- Cut hole in right side, 1 inch from edge.
- Push left leg through hole.
- Tuck right leg under left leg.
- Fold wing tips behind wings, like crossing your hands behind your back.
- And you’re finished and ready to cook! (remember to get 165 in the thigh)